About Exploring English
At British Hills we give you the chance to improve your speaking fluency in real-life situations through using both the language you already know and the new learning you get from us. These lessons are all about getting the best out of your English by teaching you useful skills and practising your fluency and production. Take a look at the our lesson descriptions and videos below.
Kick-start your English
- An excellent way to get your brain into English mode. There plenty of different activities that will have you reading, listening and speaking English quickly. In the process, you will learn useful expressions to use during your stay at British Hills.
- Go on a hunt around British Hills for hidden teachers, but you must practise your directions in English to find them!
- Play games and activities that get you to share your information and learn new things about your friends.
- Go postcard shopping and write to your friends or family about your time at British Hills.
Lesson video: All about Me
Students practice how to talk about their hobbies, dreams and family through a variety of activities. Watch the video to learn more.
- Pronouncing a word wrong can lead to a breakdown in communication. Not to worry, this lesson will teach you some simple basics to help you express yourself clearly.
- Communication begins with listening. This lesson will help you to find the key information in a sentence and help you practice your listening through stories, music and other fun activities
- There are so many differences among people. From fashion to hairstyle to facial features, it can be really difficult to accurately describe someone's appearance. In this lesson, we learn about adjectives to talk about what people look like.
- Adjectives can make your conversations much more interesting. This lesson is all about adjectives and how to use them to share information with people you are communicating with.
Lesson video: Listening Skills
Listening comprehension is really important for communication. In this lesson students test their ability to listen for key information.
Group Presentation Skills
The Discussion Series
- How can you deliver a presentation that is interesting and professional? These lessons will guide you through the fundamentals of good presenting as a group.
- Giving a speech is something that everyone will have to do in their life. While it's not easy, these lessons take you through the basics of delivering an engaging speech to give you more confidence for your next speech.
The Discussion Series
- Expressing your opinion and exchanging ideas is a vital skill in any language. These series of lessons will help you gain confidence in having a discussion in English. Try discussing one of these topics:
- Introduction to Discussions
- Our Perfect School
- Our New School Uniform
- A Modern Curriculum
- A New Class Pet
- Top Fives
Lesson video: Speech Skills and Group Presentations
Gain confidence in your speech and presentation ability through these lessons.